Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bumps & Bruises

Michael has had some owies lately. This one is from a couple of weeks back. He fell off his bike at school and scraped up his nose & upper lip pretty good and he also scraped up his knee. He was such a trooper about it though. When I picked him up from school that day, he was very excited about showing me the band-aid on his knee and not upset at all about the big, nasty looking owie on his face. In fact, whenever Michael would see someone he knew, he'd get all excited and say "Look, I've got an owie! I had a band-aid". It's like a little kid badge of honor or something. It's cute how the kids in the daycare compare their band-aids. "Look Mom! Richard has a Diego band-aid!" Michael has CARS Tatoo band-aids that Steve & Kela brought him. He thinks those are very cool.

Michael's nose is almost all healed now, but he came home with 2 more band-aids yesterday from new owies. What will tomorrow bring? Hmmm, probably best not to worry about it. As long as we have a good supply of band-aids, I'm sure it will be fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww, I didn't see this until today, so I didn't know. You're right though, little kids think bandaids are just great, and always want to compare with their friends. Maybe they're practicing for when they get really old and don't have anything better to do than complain about their aches and pains to their cronies. :)

Mom
Mommo