Friday, September 5, 2008

Camping

Michael got to go camping for the first time last weekend. We went to Silver Falls State park, which is about 90 minutes south of home. Mommo was here, too. I think it's the first time she slept in a tent since before cars had hand cranks.

Here's some photos!


Michael and Mommo:
Notice the waterfall in the background. There were two really big ones (150+ feet). We had to walk 3 miles with quite a bit of elevation change to see them. Even Mommo did it!


Great self portrait.

Michael found this big hollowed out tree stump.


Check out the balance on this kid! :)


Michael rode his bike quite a bit at the campground. But while we were there, we met some friends who sold us a new bike for Michael- One that has a chain and brakes! We'll save that for future photos (and action videos).


Can you find Michael in this picture?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great pictures. You're pretty close to right about the last time I slept in a tent. Maybe before dirt was invented. And it will probably have to be re-invented before I'll do it again. :) Actually it wasn't that bad, just a little cool, and indoor plumbing would have been nice, in the tent itself, I mean. Michael did a great job of walking that trail too.
Mommo