At Michael's daycare, they celebrate the milestone commonly known as "Potty Trained" with an Underwear Party. Michael had his party this past Tuesday and Doug & I were there to witness it. At the party, all the kids gathered around as Michael sat in the special seat of honor (the speaker stool) and sang him a song "Somebody's Special". Michael was given a homemade book about his various abilities (climbing, dancing, building, making pizzas) with his newest ability (going in the potty) as the grand finale of the book. He was also given a pair of underwear that had been decorated especially for him. After the little ceremony, we all had chocolate cake together to celebrate.
Now that MJ has moved on to wearing underwear, he has developed a new fascination with underwear in particular and other clothing in general. One day, Michael came home from school wearing 5 pairs of underwear (none of which was his), a pink girl's shirt, and two different girl's socks. The only article of clothing that belonged to him was his jeans. He had been unsupervised in his classroom's bathroom & helped himself to the school's spare clothing. I couldn't believe it when he took off his pants and I found him in 1 pair of boxers, 2 pairs of girl's panties, 1 pair of Spiderman boyshorts, and finally one pair of good old Fruit of the Looms. Where his Transformers underwear he had on that day went to is anybody's guess.

3 comments:
Oh, my goodness! That was so cute. I laughed so hard I cried. He dresses himself like Abby does.
That's the Jerry in him..LOL!
Manama
I just got around to reading this and thought I'd wet MY pants laughing so hard. He probably misses the bulk of his diapers. :) Who knows? Maybe he'll be a fashion designer.
Mommo
Post a Comment