I've been helping Michael ride his bike without training wheels for a year or so. I as hoping he'd get it last year in time for our August camping trip. But, no luck. Then, early this year we bought him a 50cc Honda motorcycle. This was an opportunistic buy, as a friend was moving to Germany and offered it for sale.
Michael wanted to ride it.... Aha... Motivation! So, I got him riding his Razor scooter around to practice his balance. Then we'd try the bike with me helping him balance. A couple weeks ago, he managed to ride 40 feet or so a few times in a row.
Then yesterday, we went out to try again. He did it! Check out the video:
Of course, the first thing he asked after riding was "Can I ride the motorcycle now?" :) Maybe next week....
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment